Saturday, February 23, 2008

Back to Work

Well, I started back at work this week after being off for about 14 weeks...3 weeks before Rileigh was born and 11 weeks to enjoy with her. It was hard to go back but I did really well. Knowing that she is with her Nanny each day makes it so much easier because I know she is getting the care and love that she needs. Thanks mom!! My boss didn't waste any time throwing me back into things either so that made the week go by fairly fast. And, I got good news that the NYT has enacted telecommuting. So, two days a week, I will be able to work from home!





We had our appointment with the Opthamalogist on Feb 15th and found out that Rileigh has Albinism. He said that right now she has little vision and has an Astigmatism in both eyes. He also said that when he looks into her eyes, there is no pigmentation. The doctor said her eyes are as blonde as her skin and hair. We go back to see him in June when Rileigh is 6 months old. Since a babies eyes are not completely developed until 6 months, there is nothing they can do for her right now. In June, he will reevaluate her and let me know what needs to be done. He was fairly certain that they would be fitting her for glasses at her next appointment and there is a possiblity that she will have to have eye surgery. In the meantime, we will be referred to a genetics doctor so we can find out more about Rileigh's specific condition. He will also be able to tell me and Rob what the chances are of us having another child born with Albinism. The was definitely not the news I was expecting to hear, but the doctor told me to remain hopeful. So, please keep her in your prayers!

1 comment:

tiffany said...

Going back is hard, though it sounds like you are weathering it like a champ. Telecommuting will be helpful...no need for that long drive every day!

Little Miss Rileigh in glasses. I wonder if you can get different colored ones or ones with polka dots, something fun! She can be a trend setter at 6 months!