Sunday, May 18, 2008

Finally!




Well, it's been a super long time since I last posted anything. I promise that I will try to do better at staying on top of things. Not too much is new in our lives. I got a promotion at work, which is a big plus. I am now a supervisor which is a goal I have been working very hard at accomplishing over the last couple years. Rob has been doing a lot of traveling for work to go to different schools. It's crappy that he has to be gone, but it's nice because it will help him out when he gets out of the Navy!


Rileigh is growing so quickly! When we had her four month check up she was 15lbs 8oz and 25 1/4 inches long. She did very well with her shots this time too. She ran a little fever the next day, but it was nothing too bad. I had her at the doctor this past Friday and she was up to 16lbs 14oz! She started solids about a month ago and she loves her food. I think her weight shows that. :-) As you can see, she is starting to sit up on her own some. It is only for a minute or so, but it's a start. She is also standing some when she can hold onto something. Rileigh has been also on the move. She is rolling to get where ever she wants to go. She is also starting to crawl backwards. There is no more leaving her unattended...not even for a second. I swear she changes overnight!


We finally get to go see the genetics doctor on May 29th. I am really anxious to find out about what type of Albinism Rileigh has. The good news is that she has shown some huge improvements in her vision. Her eyes don't move nearly as much and she has started focusing on things. If you hold her bottle in front of her, she grabs it and brings it to her mouth. We go back to the Ophthalmologist on June 11, so it will be interesting to get his perspective on her eye sight. I am pretty sure she will still need to get glasses, but I am so thankful that she is doing better.

1 comment:

Heather Kirkwood said...

She's such a cutie!!!! Hope your appointments go well! I love the pics. I'm an adult with albinism and your blog came up on my google search update for albinism.